Elder Holland once said that we need to stop teaching with “theological twinkies.” I think though, that Seminary is now going for teaching with “theological vitamin drinks.” We want students to be more involved, but we’re not sure they’ll do a good job, so we’ll give them a list of principles we think they should know to make sure they don’t miss it. It reminds me of a vitamin drink, which has enough vitamins to be assured of some basic level of health. But in both cases, I think the joy of cooking and feasting seems to be being lost, and that seems like a very, very sad thing to me today.
September 23, 2015
Spiritual Vitamin Drink?
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015 at 11:28 am and posted in Serving/Teaching in the Church. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
My Mormon.org Profilehttp://mormon.org/me/3WTB/#
- 1 Nephi 2 Nephi 2 Nephi 2 2 Nephi 25 3 Nephi Aaronic Priesthood Abraham Abraham 2 Abrahamic Covenant Adam Adam and Eve Alma Alma 13 Alma 19 Amulek & Alma Atonement Book of Mormon charity consecration D&C 20 D&C 25 D&C 42 D&C 42 Seminar D&C 46 D&C 50 D&C 84 Daughters In My Kingdom Dews From Heaven Blog Elder Oaks Emma Enoch Ether 12 faith family Genesis 14 gifts of the spirit grace Hebrews Isaiah Isaiah in the Book of Mormon Jacob James Joseph Smith JST King Benjamin Lamanites marriage Melchizedek Melchizedek Priesthood Mormon Moroni Moses Moses 5 Moses 6 MSH Nephi new youth curriculum Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood President Joseph Fielding Smith manual Priesthood Ranciere Relief Society sealing ordinance Sis. Beck small plates teaching teaching by the spirit temple The Ignorant Schoolmaster wisdom women women and the priesthood Words of Mormon YW Manual 3 Zion
My last 15 posts:
- 1 Ne 14 and D&C 45: At some point, all are gathered to fight or gathered to Zion
- Heading of 1st Nephi may have come from the Large Plates
- Jacob 2 and slavery
- President Hinckley on counselors
- Moses 2:1-5 Creating & Dividing Darkness & Light
- Sunday work
- Sister Sharon Eubank’s entire talk “Turn On Your Light”
- Elder Christofferson “Preach what you practice” and other quotes to keep handy
- Elder Perry’s experience at the Vatican (quotes to keep handy)
- Sis. Eubank & Pres. Nelson (quotes from their talks to keep handy)
- Adam and Eve — first parents
- President Kimball on testimonies
- Too sad to title
- Nephite relationship with Jews