Elder Holland once said that we need to stop teaching with “theological twinkies.” I think though, that Seminary is now going for teaching with “theological vitamin drinks.” We want students to be more involved, but we’re not sure they’ll do a good job, so we’ll give them a list of principles we think they should know to make sure they don’t miss it. It reminds me of a vitamin drink, which has enough vitamins to be assured of some basic level of health. But in both cases, I think the joy of cooking and feasting seems to be being lost, and that seems like a very, very sad thing to me today.
September 23, 2015
Spiritual Vitamin Drink?
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015 at 11:28 am and posted in Serving/Teaching in the Church. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
My Mormon.org Profilehttp://mormon.org/me/3WTB/#
- 1 Nephi 2 Nephi 2 Nephi 2 2 Nephi 25 3 Nephi Aaronic Priesthood Abraham Abraham 2 Abrahamic Covenant Adam Adam and Eve Alma Alma 13 Alma 19 Amulek & Alma Atonement Book of Mormon charity consecration D&C 20 D&C 25 D&C 42 D&C 42 Seminar D&C 46 D&C 50 D&C 84 Daughters In My Kingdom Dews From Heaven Blog Elder Oaks Emma Enoch Ether 12 faith family Genesis 14 gifts of the spirit grace Hebrews Isaiah Isaiah in the Book of Mormon Jacob James Joseph Smith JST King Benjamin Lamanites marriage Melchizedek Melchizedek Priesthood Mormon Moroni Moses Moses 5 Moses 6 MSH Nephi new youth curriculum Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood President Joseph Fielding Smith manual Priesthood Ranciere Relief Society sealing ordinance Sis. Beck small plates teaching teaching by the spirit temple The Ignorant Schoolmaster wisdom women women and the priesthood Words of Mormon YW Manual 3 Zion
My last 15 posts:
- Alma 13:3-8
- MSH paper, deliverable version
- Analyze D&C 10:43, and Conclusion (MSH paper, Wise Purposes)
- Alternate reading (MSH Paper, Wise Purposes)
- Standard Reading (MSH paper, Wise Purposes)
- NEW intro (MSH paper, Wise Purposes)
- Part 4 – God’s wisdom includes fulfilling promises **keep working**
- Fulfilling promises **write still**
- Abrahamic Covenant **keep working**
- Changing Vision of the Purpose of the Small Plates
- MSH paper on wisdom, intro
- D&C 10:21 similar to Laman and Lemuel
- D&C 10 cunning vs wisdom
- John Taylor – quote from his talk on wisdom. Have trust, and be willing to sacrifice
- John Taylor talk on wisdom – if God can command in great things, why can’t he help us in all things?