Tonight at study group we are studying some places in the Book of Mormon where a priest says that if they don’t teach the people, the sins of the people will be on their garments. (Jacob 1:19 and Mosiah 2:28 particularly, though also Mormon 9:35 and Ether 12:38)
So I thought I’d do a search for “Blood” and “Garments” first, just to see what interesting results there might be.
So far I am seeing these categories:
- Aaron being sprinkled with blood in order to sanctify his clothes, the temple, etc.
- Blood on garments because there was just a war, or saying there will be blood on garments because a war coming soon
- (Similar to #2) Someone is unclean because they have touched blood
- (interesting: Women with issue of blood touches garment
- Garments made white through Christ’s blood
- Blood of another’s sins upon priest’s garments
- Garments made clean from the blood of this generation (D&C 88)